PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

N-C-O, SP, PC, & OR 4-6-0

N-C-O, SP, PC, & OR 4-6-0

Postby albspng » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:26 pm

I've been wanting to correct the cylinders on both Max Gray and Sunset's SP #18. I had thought about using PSC's DVRR #2 cylinder block casting, but it too is not correct. Has anyone considered 3D printing an On3 cylinder saddle/steam-chest assembly that is correct for NCO,SP,PC,& Or 4-6-0s (ex NCO 11,12) to replace the incorrect said assembly on the Max Gray and/or Sunset versions of SP 18? A more correct pilot truck would also be nice so as a more correct version of the two locomotives in their different state of lives.
I do not have CAD access or 3D printing and do not see the need to invest in something I would rarely use. I would be willing to assist with information, line drawings and other possible resources. Any comments or ideas?
Alan B
albspng

Re: N-C-O, SP, PC, & OR 4-6-0

Postby Andrew Brandon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Alan,

I have been unable to find a suitable Baldwin drawing in my files, but I did get the spec sheet uploaded to the gallery.
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Postby albspng » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:52 pm

Andrew,
Perhaps one of the best drawing resource is J. Harold Geissel's copyrighted drawing of NCO #11 that was in the Sept. '70 issue of Model Railroader.
albspng

Postby John Coker » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:33 am

I remembered this on page 56 of George Turner's "Slim Rails through the sand". Hope it helps
Attachments
SP-NCO erecting.jpg
John Coker

Postby Andrew Brandon » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:52 am

Thanks John,

That appears to be a copy of the Baldwin erecting drawing, and includes the drawing number.
According to DeGolyer that is the drawing for N-C-O #4 (2nd) and is listed in their collection.
It looks like they have the drawing for 7 and 8 as well.

https://sites.smu.edu/cul/degolyer/pdfs/BLW-EDWG-RoadName.pdf
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Postby David Johnson » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Here are copies of the drawing card list for N-C-O #11 and 12. These were photographed from the microfilm at the Pennsylvania State Archives. If the DeGolyer collection was indexed by the card numbers instead of the later assigned and penciled on drawing number, it would be easy to see if they have the proper drawing card.
Dave
Attachments
DSC01730.JPG
DSC01729.JPG
David Johnson

Return to Model Railroading