PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

Letter to an ebay sniper

For non-railroad related discussion.

Letter to an ebay sniper

Postby Andrew Brandon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Dear Ebay Sniper;

I see you felt inclined to outbid me on an item which interested me. I applaud your efforts to snipe the auction at the last second there by ruining my winning bid on said item. After all, had I won said auction, I would have provided high resolution scans of the image here on PacificNG. I certainly hope that your goals for the image in question are achieved, and I most certainly hope that you enjoyed paying $35.00 for the image.

Have a nice day;

Andrew Brandon
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Re: Letter to an ebay sniper

Postby Solomani » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Andrew,

Sorry for your loss or maybe I should say our loss. just out of curiosity, what was the image of?

-John
Solomani

Postby Andrew Brandon » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:10 am

John,

It wasn't anything rare, uncommon at best. The image in question showed NCNG #1 in Colfax ca. 1919. I saved the image from the auction for my own reference, see below. ;)

An interesting thing about the NCNG in this time frame, #1 had been involved in an engine house fire before this image was taken. At some point she was sent down to Sacramento and rebuilt at the Southern Pacific shops, this is how she winds up having an SP-esq paint job complete with a class number.
Attachments
Pic19215NC12.jpg
Andrew Brandon

Postby John Coker » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:01 am

Andrew, I PROMISE to put an unpublished photo of #1 at Colfax in 1929, probably the last year the locomotive was in service.
John Coker

Postby Andrew Brandon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:23 am

John,

If you email it to me I can stick it up in the image gallery. One of my goals with the NCNG section is to get images of each locomotive in there. At present, I have roughly 150 NCNG images in my personal collection, and we've got another huge batch that will be making its way to the gallery in the coming months (around 300, yes.. you read that right). In addition I will be going through several photo collections in the coming year including Ken Yeo's, which will hopefully also make it to the site.

I should mention, that if anyone would like to share images of roads in our sphere of study, we are more than willing to host the images and give you credit. This site started with the idea of consolidating our information and sharing it to help raise interest in railroads which are often overlooked by modelers. So anything you'd like to contribute, we'd love to see!

Also I want to apologize for the slowdown in progress on the site, several of us have had personal items to attend to which has slowed down progress. I've got an update coming shortly however, stay tuned.
Andrew Brandon

Return to Off Topic