PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

SPAM!

Report problems, make suggestions. When posting issues please include your operating system, browser, or anything you feel may help in addressing a problem.

SPAM!

Postby Andrew Brandon » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Our forum software fell behind in updates and as a result the spammers and their automated tools were able to bypass our authentication system. In all I removed some 20 fake accounts that had been posting responses to random threads on the forum, in addition to sending several PMs.

All of those accounts were deleted as were the posts. I would think this also means the private messages were deleted, but I am not certain as I did not receive any myself.

I have adjusted the authentication process to put all new registrations into Admin approval for the time being.

Sorry for the trouble.
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Re: SPAM!

Postby USAF_Andy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:20 pm

I was wondering if that was what happened. I received a notification of a PM in my yahoo account, and found nothing here.
USAF_Andy

Re: SPAM!

Postby Andrew Brandon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:34 am

The war on spam continues. I have made some adjustments to the forum that will block some of the more commonly used mail servers, breached by spammers.

That list is:

mail.ru
yandx.ru
yandx.com
mailermails.info
mailstome.today
mailmefast.info

Though these spammers have not hit the main forum for a while, they have been filling up the mailboxes of the moderators since I disabled self-registration. In the coming week I will attempt to update the forum software to the latest version. This might cause a forum outage, I'll post more before I attempt it.
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Return to Site Technical Issues