PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

The Baldwin Styles; The Color and Architecture of U.S. Locom

Report problems, make suggestions. When posting issues please include your operating system, browser, or anything you feel may help in addressing a problem.

The Baldwin Styles; The Color and Architecture of U.S. Locom

Postby CraigH » Sat May 29, 2010 9:22 am

Several months in the making, David Fletcher's "The Baldwin Styles; The Color and Architecture of U.S. Locomotives" is now live on the site.

From the William Mason's influence over American locomotive design, the historic architectural designs of the 19th century, and Baldwin's development of the style system, David Fletcher provides a look into Baldwin's locomotive paint choices and explains their style system in detail.

http://www.pacificng.com/template.php?page=/ref/blw/style/introduction.htm

Craig H
Craig Hoefer

HDS Decals and other amusing projects
PacificNG.com co-conspirator
CraigH

Re: The Baldwin Styles; The Color and Architecture of U.S. Locom

Postby Solomani » Sat May 29, 2010 11:41 pm

David,

What a wonderful read. I learned quite a few things about a topic I had never really studied. Thank you for writing and sharing this document with us.

Craig, thank you for posting this!

-John
Solomani

Re: The Baldwin Styles; The Color and Architecture of U.S. L

Postby elminero67 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:47 am

I finally had the chance to sit down and read David's well researched and written posting over a cup of coffee, and wanted to say thanks for posting it! It is refreshing to see different perspctives on railroad history. Think I might get a second cup and mull it over again, thanks, Duane
elminero67

Return to Site Technical Issues