PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

PacificNG Hacked

Report problems, make suggestions. When posting issues please include your operating system, browser, or anything you feel may help in addressing a problem.

PacificNG Hacked

Postby Andrew Brandon » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:43 pm

As I mentioned on the front page, our site was part of a mass hack that effected our host over the weekend. We're back up and running more or less, please let us know if you encounter any issues or broken links.
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Re: PacificNG Hacked

Postby r3feetr » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:39 am

Andrew,

The link to the Image Gallery seems to be broken.

John Hall
r3feetr

Postby Andrew Brandon » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:51 am

John,

I am working on the image gallery at the moment, I am not certain why it isn't "working" as the files are physically there.

Andrew
Andrew Brandon

Postby Brian Norden » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Still the case at 7:42pm Friday -- got a "Page Not Found" message for the page:
http://www.pacificng.com/imglib/

The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

1. You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.

2. The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.

3. The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.
Brian Norden
Brian Norden

Postby Andrew Brandon » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Brian,

I have been waiting on the backup of the image library database to finish so I can reinstall the thing from scratch. I am not entirely certain why it is giving me the trouble it is, so I'll just rebuild the thing. It'll take longer than planned but I'll be working on it over the weekend.
Andrew Brandon

Postby John Coker » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:57 pm

You have had your problems with hackers. Is there a business using the server that has a lot of credit card activity?
John Coker

Postby Andrew Brandon » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 pm

No we don't process any credit card information here on the site. In the past we'd had trouble with "script kiddies" sneaking in through various backdoors. This time the hacker hit our site as a series of attacks that effected our host. The most malicious thing done was the deletion of our files and replacement with the page that appeared briefly in place of the normal site. The hackers did not even have access to the database for the forum, which is stored separately and was undisturbed.
Andrew Brandon

Return to Site Technical Issues