PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

Computer Models.

Computer Models.

Postby Tweetsiedude » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:25 am

Hey ya'll.

I'm an On30 modeler, but due to medical issues, and lack of money, I've found a new way to model. I run a program called Auran Tarinz Railroad Simulator 2010-12. This enables me to create my own railroads and such, aswell as a chance for me to make my own locomotives and models for what ever I'm working on. I just want to be a show off.

So here are some things I've been working on. I hope you enjoy them.

The 1st one is a design of my own, after ET&WNC #4. I just back dated it a little, and wanted to make it for winter. It's for my own road, the Barefoot & Southern.

The Second one is an 8-18c 4-4-0. The color scheme is not accurate to the ones that are located here, because I was enamored with the Bachmann Fn3 one, that is dark olive and shiney haha. Again, for my railroad of the B&S.

http://hostthenpost.com/uploads/545bd93bb7456134b3161bdc042c6b8e.jpg

http://hostthenpost.com/uploads/1efb99bb5b2b8d68890f214f8ad454db.jpg

Next up is my coach set. It consists of a Combine, Coach, and Parlor/Observation car. I've noticed I've made the windows smaller than the real prototypes, and will soon be fixed.

http://hostthenpost.com/uploads/bec68a4b92f261f9d2d2d3bd89550586.jpg

http://hostthenpost.com/uploads/1e0006afef9206862dd6a5df197556e2.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten
Tweetsiedude

Re: Computer Models.

Postby Andrew Brandon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:07 pm

Dusten,

Your cars have a nice look to them. Have you updated the windows?

If I might make a suggestion, the color you've chosen for your cars is a bit light for the era. By the 1880s passenger equipment began to be painted in richer Eastlake tones than the previous decades. Take a look at the color card on the South Pacific Coast page for Coach #39. The colors presented there are matched to what was found on the carbody and provide some insight into these trends. Tuscan was commonly used out west, the SPC, D&RG, RGS, Southern Pacific, Pennsy and others used Tuscan on their cars during this period. Some railroads were also using Pullman Color at the time which is a very rich brown shade (the same color as modern UPS trucks). The Illwaco Railway & Navigation Co. and Waynesburg and Washington Railroad were among those that ordered cars in Pullman Color. By the mid 1890s the Southern Pacific had their own version of Pullman Color called "Dark Olive". Another thing to look at is the color of the trucks and platforms. Black certainly works, but is more commonly used by 1920 and on. Instead, try using a complimentary color for the trucks that harmonizes aesthetically with the body color. For example: D&RG passenger cars were painted Tuscan with Olive trucks and platforms circa 1904. The Southern Pacific painted their fleets in a similar style. The roof should also be a complimentary color, take a look at the H.W. Johns asbestos roof paint card, it will give you some idea of what roofs were painted back then.
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Re: Computer Models.

Postby Tweetsiedude » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:53 am

THanks for the info Andrew! And yes I've updated the windows and scheme a little.

I've recently seen some coaches at Strasburg, and I thought they looked beautiful the way they were schemed.

Now my models are based off of real designs, but the schemes are to my design somewhat. I also plan on having a few designs of NG coaches.
There is 1st class. Which is very elegant in color and design. There will be open platforms, and open vestibule style. Like B&O Coach 445, at the B&O museum.

My first class will have a grandeur about them. Very nice, very clean, and classic/elaborate brass parts in the interiors and such. They will have a beautiful color scheme to them aswell. I've also recently seen photos of coach models that were based from the 19th century. Nice line work, gold leaf, Ivory or green, depending on the color of the coach it's self. Roof, and trucks very well painted, and they had a very mixed and sophisticated form behind them. Some with portraits, and some without.

And then there will be my standard class. Same design of coaches, but less intricate, and gaudy; as seen below, which are what I am currently working on.

That's the basic overall scheme I'm going with for now, Some line work will be added, and the trucks and roofs will be changed to a complementary color.

Thanks for the info, also, I work in sporadic movements. I'm basically. "Ooo shiney" and wonder off, or go into thought.

Rock On!
~Dusten.
Tweetsiedude

Return to Digital Modeling