PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

Seattle 2012

A place to hook up for road trips, plan them, grab driving partners.

A place to brag about the trip and expound on the drinking capacity and silly things the other guy did, tell fish stories, and such.

Moderator's note: We hold no responsibility for thin skins, embarrassing stories, and hurt feelings here. We won't tell your coworkers or significant others. Enjoy, laugh, and hold no grudges!

Seattle 2012

Postby John Coker » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Well, I make a modest living painting trains, and part of the biz is going to one to three shows a year. The National Narrow Gauge Convention is an important show I plan to attend for a few more years. Like I said about the last NGC in North Carolina, I have a new rule- no more driving more than two days to a show. Shows east of St. Louis are not profitable. For some reason people in the eastern US don't spend money at a NGC in their region. I have to make $500 for every day I am away from home. Northwest shows are o.k. but not great moneymakers. Colorado and Midwest shows are the most profitable. The best part is Seattle is a beautiful city. Also, the modelers in the area are some of the best in the nation. The show will have a number of great clinics on Far West railroading, including WSLCo. SV. Uintah, Hawaii ng, NCNG, as well as famous master modelers like Jim Vail and the remarkable Kelly Morse.

As i get older I dread the long, long drive, but enjoy parts of it. If I can I might try to take in the SV, now they run all the way into Sumpter.

You can check out the NGC website at http://www.Seattle2012.com.

I will file a report after I get back.
John Coker

Return to ROADTRIPS