PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

A source for basic V&T information

Known as the "Silver Queen of the shortlines", The Virginia & Truckee Railroad operated their own narrow gauge subsidiary: the Carson and Colorado. Additionally the railroad and its officers would be an influence to many narrow gauge and shortline railroads throughout Nevada and California.

A source for basic V&T information

Postby Randy Hees » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:17 pm

One of the core values for PacificNG is the accumulation of basic information about Pacific Slope Narrow Gauge... We also discuss both narrow gauge, and now Virginia and Truckee... We don't expect to be the source for V&T information... there is already a site, doing that very well... for basic information, please go to http://www.virginiaandtruckee.com/ . Kent is doing good work there... Andrew is posting his color renditions there. He has a really good (growing) collection of newspaper reports, letters, histories of each locomotive and many of the passenger cars... information on paint, lettering...
Randy Hees

Director, Nevada State Railroad Museum, Boulder City
Railway Preservation News http://www.rypn.org
Chasing old trains where ever I may find them...
http://randyhees.blogspot.com/
Randy Hees

Re: A source for basic V&T information

Postby CraigH » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Randy,

I've just started redoing the V&T entries in the Gazzett indexes that are available on-line. rather than being in Word or a text format, the one I'm doing is in Excel format to allow for sorting and rearranging.

The time burner is in breaking up the entries into cells to facilitate searches.

After this basic entry is done, I'd like to expand it to include additional plans and drawings resources from books, archives, etc.

Craig H
Craig Hoefer

HDS Decals and other amusing projects
PacificNG.com co-conspirator
CraigH

Postby Solomani » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:06 pm

Sweet! That will be quite useful.

-John
Solomani

Postby Andrew Brandon » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks for sharing that Randy, I am surprised it didn't get a good mention earlier. I sent a few things to Kent in the past week or so that should be on the site soon. Included will be a beautiful digital copy of the Bowker's builders photo which I extracted from one of the Baldwin catalogs we have linked here on the site. There will be more V&T color illustrations in the future. Once I am satisfied with 9 and 10 I am going to do a few NG projects before jumping back in to the V&T.
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Return to Virginia & Truckee