PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

Virginia & Truckee photographs

Known as the "Silver Queen of the shortlines", The Virginia & Truckee Railroad operated their own narrow gauge subsidiary: the Carson and Colorado. Additionally the railroad and its officers would be an influence to many narrow gauge and shortline railroads throughout Nevada and California.

Virginia & Truckee photographs

Postby elminero67 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:57 am

I was just doing some research at the University of Oregon library and had the chance to briefly look over the Randall Mills photograph collection. iirc the finding guide only lists a few Virginia & Truckee photographs, but there was at least 4-5 pages of photographs and good profile shots of the passenger equipment and locos. I was trying to stay focused on my thesis and not get sidetracked, so didnt get to look at the rest...

finding guide:

http://nwda-db.wsulibs.wsu.edu/nwda-sea ... ls+truckee
elminero67

Re: Virginia & Truckee photographs

Postby Andrew Brandon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Duane,

Thank you for the heads up. I'll have to check that one out someday when I get up that direction.

Also completely unreleated: Loved the article in the Gazette on the Gypsum road in Alaska!

Andrew
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Re: Virginia & Truckee photographs

Postby elminero67 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Thanks-That was a fun job working in AK! I didnt send Bob the pics where we had rifles in hand, I thought they were a little too Charlton Hestonesque-but after after a few maulings by Alaskan Brown bears on the island the USFS implemented a policy where we were not allowed outside the truck without a loaded rifle. The whole time we were there we could unidentified critters moving in the bushes...
elminero67

Return to Virginia & Truckee