PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

Caboose No 9 in Trainz

Known as the "Silver Queen of the shortlines", The Virginia & Truckee Railroad operated their own narrow gauge subsidiary: the Carson and Colorado. Additionally the railroad and its officers would be an influence to many narrow gauge and shortline railroads throughout Nevada and California.

Caboose No 9 in Trainz

Postby Curtis Reid » Wed May 04, 2011 7:29 am

Hi!

Over the last several months, I've been working on repainting one of my Caboose 9 models using Andrew's drawings as a base. Now that the body is more or less complete, I thought I'd share a picture. My intent is to make versions of 9 and 10 based on all of Andrew's drawings.

caboose_9_wip.jpg

I still need to do the trucks, but it's finally coming together...

Curtis
Curtis Reid

Re: Caboose No 9 in Trainz

Postby Andrew Brandon » Thu May 05, 2011 11:21 am

Curtis,

That looks fantastic, looks like I am going to need to get a copy of Trainz to try it out when it is done!
I can't wait to see the other versions.
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Re: Caboose No 9 in Trainz

Postby MAC » Thu May 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Nice job Curtis. I've been working with Wendell on getting some lamps for the 9. Wendell has a couple of side lamps that he's going to use, but was missing a third lamp. I came across a couple of Candle Lamps that could be used. At first he didn't think they would work until I came across a letter to Kimball asking for two side lamps and a Candle lamp for the Baggage area.

Mike
MAC

Return to Virginia & Truckee