PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

Mogal Men Baldwin 2-6-0

Known as the "Silver Queen of the shortlines", The Virginia & Truckee Railroad operated their own narrow gauge subsidiary: the Carson and Colorado. Additionally the railroad and its officers would be an influence to many narrow gauge and shortline railroads throughout Nevada and California.

Mogal Men Baldwin 2-6-0

Postby Randy Hees » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:50 pm

An announcement came out yesterday that the locomotives are going into production... It has been a many year back and forth to get here... some of us saw two production samples in Carson City last October.

There is hope...

Randy
Randy Hees

Director, Nevada State Railroad Museum, Boulder City
Railway Preservation News http://www.rypn.org
Chasing old trains where ever I may find them...
http://randyhees.blogspot.com/
Randy Hees

Re: Mogal Men Baldwin 2-6-0

Postby amdaylight » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Randy,

Could you give more information on these, I did a search and did not come up with any thing.

Andre
amdaylight

Postby Andrew Brandon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:34 am

Andre,

Years ago a group of V&T historians and modellers started a project to create models locomotives. Their first project was the smaller Baldwin 2-6-0s (4,5,6,7,8,13,14). The models are broken down into two variants: the early version (V&T #4) and the later (V&T #13). Since the project was announced many of us reserved a model or two and have been patiently waiting as bugs are worked out in the pilot models. Back in October pilot models were displayed at the V&T Historical Society Conference. I will have to find my photos and post them later.

Last I heard all of these (225 total) were pre-reserved, but there is a waiting list. Both Charlie and Mike who are part of the project lurk around here, maybe they'll chime in with more information.
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Postby Andrew Brandon » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Here are images of the pilot models seen last October.
Attachments
mm-late-oct2011.jpeg
1869-1870 Version
mm-early-oct2011.jpeg
1873 Version
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Postby silvercity » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:33 am

We do not have a web-site as we are trying to keep our costs to a minimum. Please note that our Partnership name is Mogul Men, LLC.

Randy is correct. All of the production is reserved however a few of our customers have passed away in the interim and I am sure others will either cancel out or reduce their orders when the invoices go out. This always happens. We also have a waiting list for people who are on stand-by. These orders will be filled in the order they were received as locomotives become available.

Understand that these locomotives are unpainted and are neither DCC-ready nor sound-ready. They could be retrofited with mini-Tsunamis and mini-speakers in the tender but to do so will require some skill and experience. While our pilot and pre-production models run reasonably well out of the box, this are hand-produced brass models and mass-produced injection modeled models. Not all of them will run like a Bachmann Spectrum without some tinkering by the owner.

We also have produced a resin kit for the 1869 V&T built combines 1 & 2. This kit is awaiting proper decals.

Our next locomotive if we do one, will be the CPRR-built 4-4-0's V&T Nos. 17 Columbus and 18 Dayton. The rapid escalation of manufacturing costs in China may make it impossible to offer these locomotives at prices which the average modeler will think reasonable. Once we have cost estimates for the 4-4-0's we will survey our customers to see if there is a market.

Charlie
silvercity

Return to Virginia & Truckee