PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

Introduction

New to the forum? Stop in and read the rules, FAQ and post an introduction.

Introduction

Postby Randy Hees » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Randy Hees here...

I am the curator for the SPCRR collection at Ardenwood. I have spent time researching most of the California narrow gauge lines, especially SPC, SJ&SN, and NPC.... I have a fondness for 19th Century paint colors and do paint studies for buildings and railroad cars. I run the historic house museum at Ardenwood.

My current project is the restoration of NWP 5591, a NPC built caboose, now at Ardenwood. We ran it last weekend for the first time since 1930... we still have interior work, roof work, and need new trucks... but it runs.

I am currently finishing a Carbuilders Dictionary and Catalog of Castings for the SPCRR, and working on a history of the original Western Pacific (of 1862)

I have been working with Craig and Andrew organizing the site...

Randy Hees
Randy Hees

Director, Nevada State Railroad Museum, Boulder City
Railway Preservation News http://www.rypn.org
Chasing old trains where ever I may find them...
http://randyhees.blogspot.com/
Randy Hees

Re: Introduction

Postby dsp&p_fan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:12 am

Do you have any estimated completion date for your Carter Bros car builder's dictionary? It sounds very interesting.

Edit: I see that it is SPCRR and not necessarily Carter Bros in general...is it SPCRR as in your society, or the railroad?

Michael
dsp&p_fan

Re: Introduction

Postby CraigH » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:31 am

Michael,

The Catalog is Randy's doing, he can answer on the date and details. It's going to be fantastic, a "must have" item for West Coast reference. There will be quite a bit relevant for elsewhere as well.

The SPCRR he's refering to is the Society for the Preservation of Carter Bros. RR Resources.

www.spcrr.org

Located at Ardenwood, in Fremont, CA. Great little place if you haven't been there yet.

Craig H
Craig Hoefer

HDS Decals and other amusing projects
PacificNG.com co-conspirator
CraigH

Return to New Members