PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

Introductions

New to the forum? Stop in and read the rules, FAQ and post an introduction.

Re: Introductions

Postby Dwight Ennis » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Howdy all. I've been on the NorCal Group for a while now and it's there I heard of this site. From age 4 to around age 12-12, I grew up in Marin County, so the NPC has been my favorite prototype for decades. More recently, I've also become very interested in the SPC.

My modeling right now is mostly in 1:20.3 live steam, and I've built "the Freak" (NPC #21) upon a converted Accucraft Mogul chassis converted to a 4-4-0 Accucraft still had no plans to do a live steam 4-4-0 when I started 2-1/2 yeas ago).

It's great to have a forum for us non-Colorado types. ;)
Dwight Ennis

Postby Norcal-Logger » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi all,
Another new guy and I don't do Colorado.
I like logging and shortline railroading in Northern California, Concentrating on Shasta County and the surrounding area.
I am a member of the Timber Heritage group in Eureka and the Shasta Cascade rail group in Redding. The 1 to 1 railroading is fun but I focus my efforts on my freelance 1:20 scale outdoor logging/shortline railroad.

I hope to learn from this distinguished group and who knows perhaps contribute something down the line.
Thanks for the new site.
Rick Marty
Bella Vista, CA
Norcal-Logger

Postby Jim W. » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi all. My name is Jim Wickham and I have a serious interest in the Sumpter Valley. I took my soon to be 10yr old son to Sumpter for Laborday weekend this year. I used to volunteer at Sumpter on a regular basis and am trying to get back at it as part of the the train crew like I was for 15 yrs 1985 to 2000. I model in HO scale and will be soon building a new Ho/Hon3 around the room layout of 19X20 ft on a 2 to 3 ft shelf. I also have some LGB like the Sumpter Valley Mallet and plan to build a small garden layout as well. I am retired Boeing Tech aid and Tech Illustrator. I also have an inactive private pilots cert. and have flown over a lot of the western U.S. clear back to central Ohio in two differnt Homebuilt Aircraft that my dad designed and built.
Jim W.

Postby Ted Miles » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:30 pm

Folks,

i life in San Francisco and enjoy narrow gauge in California, Colorado and even the very narrowest gauge back in Maine.

My local ng site is the Society for the Carter Brothers Resources in Fremont which I visit several times a year.

I follow the narrow gauge activity at the Orange Empire Railway Museum.
I have also been to the Colorado railroad Museum and the two active rail lines there.

I have a lot of books and I think my favorite is the Birth of California Narrow Gauge.

I hope to learn a lot here.

Ted Miles
Ted Miles

Postby Curtis Reid » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi! I'm mainly interested in the V&T, but also any of the short lines in the neighboring Sierras, or Nevada, or Oregon, or Washington...
I'm currently working on modeling the V&T in Auran's Trainz program, although I tend to get a bit distracted there, also!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to sharing information with this great group of people!

Curtis
Curtis Reid

Postby Rich Dunn » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi all, Rich Dunn signing on to the group. I am interested in many facets of west coast US narrow gauge railroads, as well as, Mexico and Central America. My main interests are in researching, documenting, and modeling. On going projects have been researching the Hammond-built box cars used on the Lake Tahoe Ry. I also like many of the western industrial lines which served mining and lumber operations. I have done a lot of research into the Kilbourne & Jacobs steel hoppers used on the 3' mining road at Pioche, Nevada and have almost completed scale drawings on my CAD for these cars. Another area of interest has been the 2' gauge Mexicano branch out of Cordoba, Mexico, and have been collecting photos and information on this line for a number of years. I look forward to interacting with the group.
Rich Dunn
Rich Dunn

Postby Solomani » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Welcome Rich,

Glad to see another CAD user on board.

-John
Solomani

Postby JohnG » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:57 am

Aloha -
My name is John Goldie and I am a new to this board and look forward to reseraching various western narrow gauge operations with the aid of this site and group. Current active involvement is with San Franciso Trains (web site support and on-site work) - main goals are to restore SFBRR 0-6-0 #4 and also to help stabilize the standing SP Bayshore Roundhouse (which is where our work site is located). I am also active with the SCPRR and enjoy the variety of projects there, especially track work. My most western involovement is with the HRS (Oahu) and have helped on various projects such as the equipment roster, historical research, obtaining historical photographs and authoring a few newsletter articles. I also enjoy "lists" and have recently assisted with an ALL Hawaii Locomotive list and also maintain list of Roster by Operation for all Hawaii rails operations (MIL, transit, common carrier, plantation, industrial, Lumber...) too. A long term plan to the publish a book on the 29 remaining stem locomotives of Hawaiian heritage. I look forward to sharing and learning together in a friendly enviroment.
John Goldie
San Carlos CA
JohnG

Postby Tweetsiedude » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Hello;

My name is Dusten Barefoot. I am from the eastern side of the US, hailng from the sand hills of North Carolina.

I stumbled upon this site looking for information on classic Baldwin style locomotives, especially my favorite 19th century engine; the 8-18c 4-4-0.
I model in On30, and as well as V-scale. V-scale is Virtual Railroading, and I am currently modeling the 8-18c style engine in a 3d program known as Gmax, and also in On30. The gmax model is for the game known as Auran Trainz Railroad Simulator 2010, and when the engine is finished, I hope to have it in the game, with the options of different pilot styles, different stack styles, as well as dome style, and coupler type. This site is very informational in what I am looking for, I just wish I could get ahold of the blue prints for the Eureka & Palisade #4.

My On30 railroad on the other hand is laking a 4-4-0, but is well equiped with a 2-6-0 swamper I bashed, and an ET&WNC 4-6-0, the pride of the small fleet. I am scratching an 8-18c 4-4-0 from a 2-8-0 frame, and 2-6-0 wheels, and other parts I've gatherd over the years. I would love to buy a MMI 4-4-0, but I don't have half a grand to get it.

I love, with a passion steam locomotives; especially from the late 19th and early 20th centruys.

If there's anything else I forgot to mention or something, I do appologize.

Rock On!
~Dusten~
Tweetsiedude

Postby Randy Hees » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Welcome Dustin

Early railroading, be eastern or western or even Colorado follows the same patterns... while I am a westerner, I have a fondness for Florida narrow gauge...

Randy... moderator and such...
Randy Hees

Director, Nevada State Railroad Museum, Boulder City
Railway Preservation News http://www.rypn.org
Chasing old trains where ever I may find them...
http://randyhees.blogspot.com/
Randy Hees

PreviousNext

Return to New Members