PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

New member from Switzerland

New to the forum? Stop in and read the rules, FAQ and post an introduction.

New member from Switzerland

Postby NCNG#7 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:45 am

Hi all,
my name is Florian and I live in Switzerland. I was led here by Doug MacLeod and Steve Coffey, who I met in other NG discussion groups.
About 15 years ago, I got interested in american NG, over the time developing a special interest in NCNGRR. When time allows I am modelling mainly NCNGRR locos and rolling stock in On3.
My current project is NCNG#10, a tiny "Plymouth FL" diesel switcher built up from a Grandt Line Models styrene kit powered with a homebuilt drive unit.
Another project, for several years on the back burner now, is a scratch-built NCNG#7.
One time in the future I would love to convert an Kodama 4-4-0 into NCNG#1. This project is still in the research stage.
I hope to find in this forum like minded folks for discussing prototype and modeling topics relatet to California Narrow Gauge.

Happy modeling
Florian
NCNG#7

Re: New member from Switzerland

Postby Andrew Brandon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:50 am

Florian,

Welcome aboard! It is always nice to have another NCNG fan around the place. Please feel free to share your projects here on the forum. I am thrilled to find out you're doing NCNG #1, I am gathering up Jay and Doug's parts myself but to build NCNG #2. Craig Hoefer is working on the decal set for the 4-4-0s and will be including the lettering for Baldwin Style 1 with "Nevada County".

We've got a great community here and we're glad to have you with us.

Andrew
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Return to New Members