PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

Utah Construction

North American Narrow Gauge; West of the Rockies (including Canada; Mexico).

Utah Construction

Postby Randy Hees » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:16 pm

A huge construction company... involved in many projects with railroads... and used railroads as part of its equipment...

Andrew noted the following in a private email... That Utah Construction Co went everywhere.. http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/si ... 16/rec/395

Who has any references to Utah Construction and any railroad equipment they owned...

Randy
Randy Hees

Director, Nevada State Railroad Museum, Boulder City
Railway Preservation News http://www.rypn.org
Chasing old trains where ever I may find them...
http://randyhees.blogspot.com/
Randy Hees

Re: Utah Construction

Postby Brian Norden » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:53 pm

I don't have any roster information.

But, you will find a whole bunch of search results for "Utah Construction Company" at the Mountain West Digital Library.

Here is a page from the BYU website that links to a collection guide: BYU

But the holder of the company records is Weber State University, Stewart Library, Special Collections. Drill down from this page and you will get to Alphabetical Listing of Manuscripts; scroll down and there are something like six collections related to Utah Construction.
Brian Norden
Brian Norden

Postby Andrew Brandon » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:27 am

Greg Maxwell notes on the NSL page: "56 pound rail was leased from the Southern Pacific and the rolling stock, consisting of 10 four wheel dump cars was purchased second-hand from the Utah Construction Company."

Utah Construction Co. was the contractor that built the Nevada Northern grade.
I should have a list of various news notes in a day or two, I am a little overloaded this week with other projects. :geek:
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Postby GregMaxwell » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 am

The Utah Construction Co. also provided the Nevada Short Line with a Vulcan 0-4-0T while the line was under construction. Looking through my notes the UCC owned more than 50 n.g. locomotives. All were 0-4-0Ts, in the 15-20 ton range and most with 10x16 cylinders. Most of the locomotives that were bought new came from Davenport but Porter and Vulcan were well represented. Well known Mormon industrialist David Eccles was behind the UCC, the primary contractor in the building of the Western Pacific, as well as many other railroad projects.

Greg Maxwell
GregMaxwell

Postby Andrew Brandon » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:42 am

Over the weekend Greg forwarded me his locomotive roster for Utah Construction Co.
See attached:
Attachments
UCC locomotive roster.pdf
(22.59 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Return to Western Narrow Gauge Discussion