PacificNG Header
PacificNG Header 

New SPng roster book.

New SPng roster book.

Postby John Coker » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:15 am

I received Bob bader's 377-page book this week. Finally, an exhaustive information source for SPng fans and modelers.The book covers locomotives and freight cars from 1880 to 1960. It is loaded with photos, and most are unpublished. There are dozens of plans-11 just for the boxcars, including the old C&C pipe-framed cars. There is also chapters on the different types of tenders, trucks and air brakes. Cabooses are also covered. Lots of photos of trains-many of them color. Plus it has a Coker cover!
John Coker

Re: New SPng roster book.

Postby Andrew Brandon » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:26 am

John,

I ordered mine through Karen's books over the weekend, I am eagerly awaiting its arrival.
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!
Andrew Brandon

Postby Andrew Brandon » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:41 am

I received my copy yesterday afternoon. Upon opening the box, I was treated to a handsome Coker cover! ;)

The content of the book itself is wonderful with in-depth rosters and information covering all aspects of the C&C/N&C/SP from Locomotives to Cabooses. I was thrilled to see several photographs of C&C #1 "Candelaria" including a beautiful shot at Mt. Montgomery in the late 1880s. Jim Saylor's drawings of the La Mothe cars, coupled with Herman Darr's drawing provide enough detail to keep a C&C modeler busy for many evenings.

This book is a must have for the C&C/SPNG fan.
Andrew Brandon

Postby John Coker » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:45 pm

According to Joe Dale Morris, who is dong an excellent job as the SPH&TS editor, The last book will cover the C&C/N&C/
SPng coaches. It will also cover all stations from Mina to Keeler. I do not know if it will also cover the C&C stations up to Mound House. This is one I really look forward to as I would like to do some paintings of the northern end, especially around Mt. Montgomery. Joe also said they are going to do a reprint of a book on the Friant branch in California. Thanks for the kind words on the cover, Andrew. It is not my best painting, but Joe Dale wanted a view that would show the cars. it is the fourth publication cover this year for me!
John Coker

Postby USAF_Andy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:33 am

Has this third book been released yet?
USAF_Andy

Postby Andrew Brandon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:45 am

It has not been released yet, there were some complications as I understand and it will be published soon.

Dennis Burke may know more, I'll ping him.
Andrew Brandon

Return to Product Announcements and Reviews