United Verde & Pacific Locomotives

Discussion of specific prototype locomotives and other equipment of all gauges.
Gunslinger87

United Verde & Pacific Locomotives

Post by Gunslinger87 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Hey all, I'm trying to gather some information about the UV&P locomotives. In particular #5 and #8.
I'm having an issue of the Narrow Gauge & Shortline Gazette sent to me that contains drawings of #5. However I don't know how similar they are. I know that #8 had a steel cab and external valve gear, but as for everything else is it the same? Or are there some differences. I'm asking this because I'm planning on building a model of one of the UV&P locomotives in On30.

Also, I found this photo of the UV&P's "Horseshoe Curve", one of the more iconic spots along the right of way.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/6797 ... 2a4c_z.jpg
I'm having a difficult time identifying the locomotive in the photo. I know that the UV&P's locomotive roster was exclusively of the 2-6-0 type. However this locomotive does not seem to match any description of the UV&P's roster; with its shortened smokebox, diamond stack, and box headlamp. Can anyone tell me any into on this "mystery locomotive"?

Andrew Brandon

Re: United Verde & Pacific Locomotives

Post by Andrew Brandon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Maybe this will help:
Attachments
UVP-8.jpg
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!

Andrew Brandon

Post by Andrew Brandon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:09 pm

This too:
Attachments
UVP-5-6-7.jpg
Andrew Brandon - PacificNG Webmaster
An End To Red Domes In Our Lifetime!

John Coker

Post by John Coker » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Gunslinger, I strongly recommend acquiring David Myrick's "Railroads of Arizona, Volume 6" (SIgnature Press). It has like 17 unpublished photos , including some great photos of engines and passenger cars. This railroad would be perfect to model in On30.