Carter Brothers 10 Ton Boxcar

Discussion of specific prototype locomotives and other equipment of all gauges.
CraigH

Re: Carter Brothers 10 Ton Boxcar

Post by CraigH » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:05 pm

John,

What size timbers are you using on the sawhorses????? I'd really consider cribbing under that thing, especially if you don't want to crush your assemblers. Like it or not, those things get heavy.

Great 3D work, can't wait to see texturing down the road.
And, no....don't take the time to build the cribbing.

Craig H
Craig Hoefer

HDS Decals and other amusing projects
PacificNG.com co-conspirator

Solomani

Post by Solomani » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:07 am

Hi everyone,

I started working on the hardware and realized I don’t have much in the way of photos or drawings of the details of the underbody. Little things like are the vertical truss rods double-nutted or single. Washer sizes, inletting etc. just do not make it into most drawings and period photos and even the photos I have found so far on the net (Slim Rails for one) are not close enough for that kind of detail.

Therefore, I am putting out a kindly request :) for anyone that might have taken a few digital photos from the underside of a carter brother’s car to share them here if they would. Really, any photos that are light adjusted to show the underside would be very helpful.

Also, Randy or one of the other SPCRR folk might know, the nuts that are inletted into the top plate and End Plate's; are they a single square nut?

Thanks in advance,
John

Solomani

Post by Solomani » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:03 pm

I finally managed to bring the boxcar frame into Alibre.
-John
Attachments
Carter Brothers 10 ton boxcar frame.54.jpg