SPNG/Keeler revisited...maybe

North American Narrow Gauge; West of the Rockies (including Canada; Mexico).
elminero67

SPNG/Keeler revisited...maybe

Post by elminero67 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:53 pm

Not much going on here as of late-which is too bad as I feel this site fills a much needed niche.

Anyways, longshot here, but I am trying to get permission to visit and photograph the SP depot and former Sierra Talc plant at Keeler., hopefully on the 19th or 20th of December. If I am reading the Inyo County tax assessors maps correctly, the Union Pacific owns the depot, talc plant, former yard and engine house site.

I have an address for the overall corporate office for UP, but am looking for a real-person to contact. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, Id enjoy hearing them. Will keep everyone posted.

Until then, Happy Holidays.

Duane

elminero67

Re: SPNG/Keeler revisited...maybe

Post by elminero67 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:14 pm

I'm attaching a map of the Inyo County taxlots in "downtown" Keeler-Interesting that the Union Pacific (evidently) owns a big swath of the town, including Railroad Avenue and the two former railroad crossings.

I say "evidently" as the Inyo County Assessors office doesn't identify who owns each lot, but does list the owner''s address that happens to be the same address UP corporate headquarters in Omaha.

Has anyone visited Keeler in the last few years?
Attachments
Keeler taxlots.JPG